ECOTREK::ROC TOURS::GIRL+BIKE::EPIC ADVENTURES
Book a Trip

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Over for another year!

What a week!

Allan Davis won the Ochre Jersey for overall winner of the Tour Down Under, and The Adventure Collective had a stellar week looking after more than 175 people over the course of the week.

After his win, Davis said:

“I’ve finally done it, I can't believe it. I would like to thank my team, Quick Step. They have been wonderful. They have done a great job all week.”

“Throughout the race, once we got closer to the finish they picked up the pace to chase it back, to set up the bunch sprint.”

Asked about the speed of the race, Davis said: “It was very fast out there. I didn’t expect the riders to go up the road like they did. I got a bit nervous, but it ended up okay.

“I would like to thank my beautiful wife and children back in Spain. The organization and the SA government for making this a great race and of course my team Quick Step.

“This win is very important to the team, it is the first ProTour race of the season. With three stages and the overall it has been an unbelievable race. We were prepared to give the stage away to secure the overall, and we did.

“The crowd have been amazing all week, I want to thank them for coming to support this race.”

No comments:

Site Map :: Privacy :: Contact
Adventure Collective P/L 2007
The Adventure CollectiveRoc ToursOutbikeGirl plus BikeEpic Rides of the World